Reading over Margot’s round-up of our most popular posts from May, I noticed she had noticed that we always seem to start these posts with some comment or remark about the weather.
With that in mind, I definitely won’t be making any comments about how miserably hot it’s getting, or how much I’m looking forward to fall, and will instead get right to it. Here are the 10 most popular posts from the WordStream blog from June – enjoy!
1. 6 Shocking Things Google Revealed About the Future of AdWords at SMX: Margot’s summary of the announcements made by Google’s Jerry Dischler was our most popular post of the month. Missed the presentation recap? Eager to see what Google has planned for AdWords? Then check out Margot’s excellent post and get ready for the huge changes that are coming.
2. 6 Mind-Blowing Digital Marketing Stats from Unbounce’s Conversion Road Trip: Margot’s been very busy this month, flying all over the country to attend some of this year’s exciting digital marketing conferences – and the Unbounce Conversion Road Trip was no exception. While she didn’t have to go very far to attend the show’s Boston leg, Margot did come away with some fascinating stats from the event, which she shares with us in our second most popular post of the month.
3. 5 Tactics to Become an Outstanding Public Speaker: Margot scores a hat trick for writing the top three posts of the month, and this one is essential reading for any would-be presenters out there. Speaking in front of crowds hanging on your every word can be nerve-racking, but it doesn’t have to be. In our third most popular post, Margot offers five actionable tips for becoming a public speaking powerhouse.
4. The Most (& Least) Expensive States for PPC – New Data: Ever wonder what the average CPC in Arkansas is? Or which states have the lowest average CPCs in relation to state unemployment data? Well, WordStream’s resident data scientists Mark Irvine has you covered with this fascinating post about average CPCs across the U.S.
5. Landing Page Inspiration: 17 Examples to Spark Your Creativity: You know how important landing pages are, but designing your own can be tough. In this post, I examine 17 examples of beautiful landing pages and how you can borrow some of the techniques used to create your own stunning landing pages.
6. AdWords Is a Game. Here’s How to Win: In our fifth most popular post from June, WordStream’s Sales Training Manager Rob Durant explains how viewing AdWords as a game – and Google as the pit boss of the world’s most profitable casino – can help you win at AdWords. According to Rob, you just need to know who you’re playing against (and it’s not Google).
7. 9 Tips to Dramatically Increase E-Commerce Sales with Killer Product Pages: June shall henceforth be officially recognized as The Month That Margot Crushed It. In this post, Margot shows you how to increase your ecommerce sales by creating killer product pages – and there’s more to it than you might think.
8. 6 Stupid Marketing Metrics That Need to Die: In this post, Larry explains why some marketers are blindly following the wrong metrics, why these performance indicators are seriously misleading, and what you should be focusing on instead. A great post that all marketers need to read.
9. 7 Insightful Tips for Super-Effective Local PPC: There’s more to local PPC than geotargeting and ad extensions – a lot more. In this post by guest author Garrett Mehrguth of Directive Consulting, you’ll learn seven ways to make your local PPC campaigns even more effective.
10. 6 Ways to Learn AdWords Without Getting Certified: In our final post for this month’s round-up, I show you six ways to learn AdWords without going through the hassle of getting certified. If you want to learn AdWords without feeling like you’re back in school, check out these great resources.
Well, that does it for WordStream’s most popular posts from June. Now I’m going to lie down in front on an air conditioner until October. See you next month!